Registration is now open for the Ellis Edge camp hosted by Bay State Speedskating. The camp will be over Memorial Day weekend, May 27-29 (Sat -Mon). The camp is coached by the world-renowned Sue Ellis, former US National and 2002 Olympic team coach. Sue will be assisted this year by Hongyang Wang, former member of the Chinese National Team and current head coach of the ASE Short Track program in Milwaukee.
It will have 8 hours of on ice instruction as well as lots of off-ice work. This camp is appropriate for all levels, ages 8 and older, with the ability to do cross-overs.
Registration is now open for Bay State Speedskating’s annual club race, the Spring Jam! This year it’s Saturday April 1, 5-8pm at Rodman Arena, 2130 Providence Hwy (Rt 1 North), Walpole, MA.
Cost is one of these, per skater:
– a stamp on Walpole Winter card plus $10
– a stamp on Intro or New Member card plus $10
– $30 (for non-Walpole skaters or people that have already filled their card)
Pizza afterwards is included for racers and full-time volunteers. All others is $5/person.
Bringing a dessert or appetizer to share will be greatly appreciated!
We desperately need volunteers to help run this meet: judges, timers, block chasers, water bucket filler, heat box, rink exit door. Please consider helping!
Contact Todd, email@example.com, with questions.
Just a reminder, we do not have any more regularly scheduled practices for 2016. There is no ice in Walpole on Sat Dec 24, Thurs Dec 29 or Sat Dec 31. There is no ice in Bedford on Sun Dec 25 or Sun Jan 1.
But, don’t fret! The Bay State elves have been busy. The club has arranged for extra ice, outside of our normal schedule. See details below. These are separately purchased ice slots, so we won’t be taking cards.
Friday Dec 30, 12:00-2:00pm, Walpole
Cost per skater is $20
Saturday Dec 31, 8:00-9:30am, Bedford
Cost per skater is $30
We are still in need of volunteers for our meet on Sat Nov 19. It takes the whole club pitching in to make a successful meet. If any parents or siblings are available, please consider volunteering. Contact Jen or Todd, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Walpole – Return of dryland
- Prior to tonight’s ice session, there will be a off-ice warmup and light dryland. This will start at 5:45, so please arrive before that.
- We do not have ice in Walpole next Saturday, Nov 12 so tonight’s the night to skate!
Bedford – Daylight Saving Time
- Daylight Saving Time ends on Saturday, so turn your clocks back. Or… don’t! We can get on the ice in Bedford as soon as the pads are out. It’s a community effort so the more help we have, the faster they get out, the sooner we can get on the ice.
- Please arrive at Bedford by 6:40. For this week, with the extra hour of sleep, let’s all aim for 6:30.
Registration is now open for the Bay State Short Track Championships. This is our annual meet, being held this year on Saturday Nov 19. it’s by far the closest race to where you live! I encourage all of our skaters to sign up and race (and if you’re not racing then you should be volunteering!). There’s a place for everyone who’s been at our practices to race. Don’t delay, sign up today!
Skater Robert videoed this past Thursday’s practice and has posted the segments online. Take a look, the camera was at a few different locations during the practice.